Collaborations with Keith More
Guitarist and Mix Engineer Keith More is based in London where he runs Selective Records. I first met Keith in 1987 when he worked with me at Edinburgh’s legendary Sonic Studios. Together we created music for TV commercials for Scottish Power & The Edinburgh Evening News as well as recording sessions and productions for several Edinburgh songwriters and musicians.
Now Keith is working remotely with me on two projects. He is about to feature playing guitar on Malaysian singer Khylune’s next single Shut Up & Dance. I am creating and producing the music for the single… more about this in a future blog…
As a mix engineer Keith is also currently mixing a track I wrote for a studio project called Offbeat Rhythm Section I’m working on with Electric Violinist Kirsty Anderson. The song is entitled You Made Me Feel.
Keith’s studio is specifically designed for mixing and boasts a Trident Fleximix desk, loads of outboard gear and a Pro Tools based recording system. The track will be released in the Autumn on Itunes and other online stores with a video to accompany it . Find out MORE about Keith at his website.
Some of Keith’s guitar credits include work for : Joe Satriani, Tina Turner, The Michael Shenker Band, Paul McCartney, Five Star, Fish, A Flock Of Seagulls and Asia.
Keith’s Endorsements and sample CDs
• Ibanez (The 540 series)
• Patrick Eggle (his blueprint became the LA Pro 2)
• Yamaha (producing his own signature guitar
• Marshall Amps (helping create the final presets for the now industry standard JMP 1 pre-amp)
• Trace Elliot (R&D for the Speed twin range of guitar amps)
• Toontrack – producing the Akai version of their best selling ‘Drumkit from Hell’ sample C.D. library
• Toontrack – EZ Drummer’s entire midi library – currently the world’s top selling drum software
• Se – Product development